Sometimes starting therapy can bring up confusion (how do I know which therapist to choose?) and concerns (will this be worth the financial and time investment?). Since I strongly believe that the most important part of treatment is the relationship between therapist and client, I would be happy to do a 15-minute phone consultation with you, free of charge. A phone consultation is an opportunity for you to tell me about what brings you to therapy, learn a little more about me and how I work and if it fits with your idea of therapy, and discuss fees and scheduling options. I can also help refer you to other therapists whose work I strongly respect if it appears someone would be a better fit for you. Feel free to message below, or give me a call at (650) 762-9220.
I see clients both face-to-face and online. My office is in the historic Flood Building in Union Square, within minutes from the Powell St Bart/Muni Stop, and is both handicap and bike accessible. The best parking garage is the Ellis Street Parking Garage.
15 – Minute Phone Consultation Free of charge
Individual 50 – Minute Session $160
Individual 75 – Minute Session $240
Couples / Family 50 – Minute Session $175
Couples / Family 75 – Minute Session $260
A handful of openings are set aside for people who need a fee reduction. If I am a good fit for you on your search for a therapist and if you qualify for a fee reduction, I would be happy to work with you to get the therapy you are seeking despite financial constraints.
For California residents who would prefer to meet remotely, I do offer HIPAA compliant teletherapy options via video conference or on the phone.
Insurance / Out-of-Network Reimbursement:
I am not currently on any insurance panels but I am an “out-of-network provider” and do provide invoices, or “superbills” for you to give to your provider to submit for reimbursement. Please check in with your provider first.
Here are some questions to ask:.
- Does my plan provide me with out-of-network reimbursement for psychotherapy?
- Am I covered to see a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist?
- Is there a deductible I need to meet before you will reimburse me?
- How much of the fee will be reimbursed? This is usually between 20 -80% of the session fee.
- NOTE: If they will cover a percentage of the “allowed fee” and use that term (“allowed fee”), ask how much the allowed fee is. We often think it means the full fee, but often it can be much lower. For instance, the “allowed fee” may only be $80 so if they cover 30%, you will only be reimbursed $24 per session
- Do I need a mental health diagnosis on the statement I receive from my therapist?
Book a Consultation